I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to protect your skin from the sun, not only because the sun hardens and wrinkles the skin, but because it also stimulates the production of the pigment, melanin, exacerbating dark circles.
Sunscreen is not only for the summer with sunny weather but also for the winter. In addition to protecting the skin from the effects of sunlight, it also helps protect our skin from other bad effects from the environment such as ultraviolet light from a computer screen or the harmful heat that comes from the stove.
- Sunscreen face cream with Blur technology for instant smoothing and uniform appearance.
- mousse texture
- airy mousse texture that “melts” in contact with the skin to give immediate smoothing and uniform appearance.
- Erases imperfections, reduces the appearance of pores, improves skin texture and provides a natural smooth result, velvety feel and powdery finish.
- When applying, spread and work on the skin, texture assimilated into your skin color and the skin will obtain a result as having an identification pale tan.
- High protection.
- Skin sensitivity to sunlight.
- Without perfume.
- Without paraben.
- Optimal radiation protection UVA / UVB with SPF 50, higher protection compared with the EU recommendations limit thanks to the photostable filtering system.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Smoothing Optical Blur is a highly pigmented mousse-textured product, formulated with “unifying pigments” that work to “blur pores and skin defects”. The high-quality mattifying powders make this rather nice to use as a primer under your foundation as well if you were so inclined. And although the coverage isn’t massively fantastic, I think it is enough to slap on to do the school run, or for those lazy beach days.
To me, this is like a primer, a BB cream and an SPF 50 all rolled into one. It’s like a beautiful mutant and I’m a fan of that sort of thing. It is perfect for traveling as you don’t have so much time to do makeup while you’re on holiday. So you can easily apply this over a moisturizer and not only does it blur all the imperfections, but it also gives you a healthy orangish tan with a glowy look. I have been using it daily for over a month now, even if I’m not going out in the sun.
A tiny piece goes a long way and it’s designed to blur imperfections and give a nice smooth canvas base to the skin. It has a hint of color so you could use it on its own as a light holiday alternative to make up or if you want heavier coverage, you can use as a make up base.
The end result is like the velveteen rabbit has hugged your face – the skin is left velvety and soft but has the added benefits of SPF 50 and protection against UVA and UVB (a handy way to differentiate between the two is that UVA causes ageing and UVB causes burning).
I apply it every day, during the daytime, first thing in the morning. Since my cheeks are usually red and I have an uneven skin tone, by applying La Roche-Posay, my skin looks flawless and healthy. Since my cheeks are a bit dry, so I usually apply a serum then my moisturizer and then this sunscreen. Its non-greasy texture is perfect for my combination skin. I also love the fact that it melts into your skin as soon as you apply it and it blends in effortlessly.
My one gripe with this product is that it is a chemical sunscreen.
Cons of Chemical Sunscreens:
* Can possibly cause and increase in existing brown spots and discoloration due to a higher internal skin temperature ( over-heated skin can make brown spots worse, such as melasma)
* Requires about 20 minutes after application before it starts to work
* Increased chance of irritation and stinging (especially for those who have dry skin with a damaged moisture barrier) due to the multiple ingredients combined in order to achieve broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
* The higher the SPF (such as formulas of SPF 50 or greater), the higher the risk of irritation for sensitive skin types
* The protection it offers gets used up more quickly when in direct UV light, so re-application must be more frequent.
* Increased chance of redness for rosacea-prone skin types because it changes UV rays into heat which can exacerbate flushing
* May clog pores for oily skin types
I ordered mine from BasharaCare which is an online store.